1. Creator of the stars of night,
Thy people’s everlasting light;
Jesu, Redeemer, save us all,
And hear Thy servants when they call.
2. Thou, grieving that the ancient curse
Should doom to death an universe,
Hast found the med’cine, full of grace,
To save and heal a ruin’d race.
3. Thou cam’st, the Bridegroom of the Bride,
As drew the world to ev’ning-tide;
Proceeding from a Virgin shrine,
The spotless Victim all divine.
4. At whose dread Name, majestic now,
All knees must bend, all hearts must bow
And things celestial Thee shall own,
And things terrestrial, Lord alone.
5. O thou, whose coming is with dread
To judge and doom the quick and dead,
Preserve us, while we dwell below,
From ev’ry insult of the foe.
6 To Him, who comes the world to free,
To God the Son, all glory be;
To God the Father, as is meet,
To God the blessed Paraclete. Amen.